Saturday 19 October 2013

Decorated Jam Jars - for flowers or tea light holders



For our wedding in September 2013 I decided that I really wanted a 'homespun' feel to it. I asked friends and relations to collect jam jars for me that I cleaned up.  Firstly I soaked the labels off in hot soapy water and removed the sticky label residue with nail varnish remover. Then it was decoration time, I tried to decorate them all differently, some with lace, some with ribbon, some with bows, stick on diamante crystals, some with beaded butterflies that I made.  Some were filled with flowers (natural ones and paper ones) and some I put teal sand in the bottom and tea lights.  We were really pleased with the effect, hope you like the look of them too!
 
Here's some more pictures of them 'in use' taken by Tony Fanning Photography at our wedding...







No comments:

Post a Comment