Monday 30 December 2013

Felt cuffs



 
These are bashed together using my embellisher machine, merino wool tops, felted bits and pieces, silk cocoons, threads, bits of wool, beads and buttons. I don't usually have a colour or design in mind, and try to see where the embellisher takes me, sometimes they're a disaster so I chuck them aside into the UFO (unfinished object) pile to be cut up and reused at a later date, other times they work out nicely.  I tend to use the embellisher to make the fabric, then my sewing machine to sew lines and waves into it them I add hand stitching, couch threads and embellish with beads.  Sometimes cutting away at elements also creates a nice effect. To fasten I use a button on the top side with a press-stud on the underside, or you could use a toggle and loop, whatever looks good!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment